Weld-A-Web: Website Building Workshop
Walk in with a domain name, walk out with a functioning website! Build your own website in a team atmosphere with the guidance of a web design professional. See preparation details below.
This workshop is an intensive website building session aimed at getting your site online and live by the end of the day utilizing Wordpress – a free, user-intuitive, content management system for websites.
The hands-on group tutorial will include:
· How to set up pages and blog posts
· Uploading media (photos, video, etc.) to your site
· Design customization and recommendations
· Managing sidebars and footers
· Review of plug-ins and how they can be used to enhance your site
· Intro to Woo Commerce (online shopping cart)
· Best practices for maintaining your website and social networks
You should prepare all of the content you would like to have on your website in advance to get the most out of this workshop. The more information you come prepared with, the further along you will be at the end of the session.
You are required to participate in a prep call before the workshop. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, email address, phone number and 3 availability options within the next week.
This workshop will only be focused on participants business and not website services for other businesses.