To the Editor:
I am a senior living in Bayonne. Once or twice a week I go to the Fourth Street Senior Center and have lunch.
Recently I had a frightening experience. As I was eating, I began choking on my food. Cathy, who is in charge, immediately saw I was in distress and she responded by performing the Heimlich maneuver on me. I would like to take this opportunity to praise Cathy for her prompt, professional and courteous manners in which she handled this situation.
In addition, Cathy and her crew made sure I had a dinner to take home, as well as called the next day to make sure I was okay.
So hats off to Cathy, and my sincere thanks.