Mayor: City to keep mum on stolen e-mail investigation
Oct 16, 2012 | 1983 views | 0 0 comments | 20 20 recommendations | email to a friend | print
HOBOKEN -- Mayor Dawn Zimmer on Tuesday afternoon said she has no comment on matters related to the ongoing personnel testimony in Newark involving a former City Hall employee who was terminated last year because of e-mails that were allegedly diverted to other city officials.

“It’s a personnel issue,” she said.

Almost a year ago, the FBI arrested former Hoboken Information Technology Director Patrick Ricciardi for allegedly intercepting e-mails from the Mayor’s Office and diverting them to two then-unnamed city officials. Last week, in Newark, a personnel hearing was held for Riccardi’s former assistant, Jonathan Cummings, who says he was unfairly terminated in connection with the incident.

As part of the testimony, a former city official, Arch Liston, alleged that the e-mails were forwarded to current Fire Chief Richard Blohm and former Public Safety Director Angel Alicea. Blohm also declined to comment on Monday.

When specifically asked about Blohm, Zimmer declined to comment.

In July, the FBI told the Reporter that the investigation was ongoing. So far, only Ricciardi has been arrested in connection with the investigation.

Watch this weekend’s newspaper for more on the story, and keep watching hudsonreporter.com for other breaking news.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet