Here it is, my wish list, for the new United States Congress.
1. Give loans out to individuals who can afford them, and stop bailing out banks and mortgage companies.
2. Place term limits on all members of Congress.
3. Stop having Congress vote for their own salary increases and benefits; let the American people vote to see if they deserve it. After all they work for us, we don’t work for them.
4. Stop abuses in our health care system on all fronts. No one has the right to throw the first stone.
5. Secure all our boarders.
6. Allow trickle down economics to start with the American people, instead of greedy CEOs and Corporations.
7. Stop allowing our pension system, public and private, to be compromised by governmental political fat cats and unmerciful corporate heads who rob from taxpayers and employees.
8. Stop all excessive bonuses, outrageous salaries and perks while individuals are being laid off and fired in the name of a bad economy.
9. Stop blaming others; be responsible for your own actions.
10. Develop, improve and stimulate new ways to allow everyone the opportunity to affordably attend a College or University.
11. Stop corruption, and don’t turn your head because the culprit committing the act is a member of your political party.
12. Stop incompetence and waste.
13. Establish energy independence; this we all heard from the 1970’s, with no improved results.
14. Stop taking care of the world and start helping your own family, the American people; charity begins at home.
15. Stop sitting on your hands concerning Identification fraud; the problem does exist and escalating.
16. Start bailing out the people of the United States.
17. Start defending the ones who defend us; the United States Military.
18. Don’t cut one penny of their benefits, and give them the proper equipment and training.
19. Never undermined our national security for the sake of being politically correct.
20. Never forsake our National security just to be well liked by other nations.
21. Protect the American people.
22. Never allow any foreign country to write or interpret our laws.
23. Listen to the people and not your pocket books or your self-serving agenda.
24. Obey and defend the Constitution.
25. Educate without dictatorship, fear and reprisals.
26 Educate without self imposed political ideals.
27. Start telling the truth.
28. Support family values and structure.
29. Keep God in America.
30. Love our Country and its people.
31. Never relinquish, deny or limit any constitutional rights or American freedoms.
Only we as Americans can accomplish true change by voting out the ineffective members of Congress, whether they are Democrat or Republican. This past national election proved to be a good start but we must never become complaisant. Unfortunately, recent history has proven this fact, that Congress is only interested in escalating their powers. So let’s always keep a watchful eye, knowing that we can easily give them their pink slips if they don’t meet with our expectations.
William P. Frasca