Rebuild Hoboken Relief Fund raises $250K so far
Dec 19, 2012 | 2244 views | 0 0 comments | 31 31 recommendations | email to a friend | print
HOBOKEN -- The Rebuild Hoboken Relief Fund officially launched Tuesday in the waiting room of Hoboken Terminal. The new non-profit sprang up in the wake of Hurricane Sandy to fill the anticipated gap in aid to Hoboken residents. Mayor Dawn Zimmer, Chairman of Rebuild Hoboken Relief Fund former Sen. Bernard Kenny, and board member Scott Delea spoke at a press conference in the terminal, explaining how the collected funds will be allotted and when. Delea, who has been involved in various charity events in town, said the estimated total raised thus far is $250K. Residents who have a net loss of $5K or more, after other aid is deducted, will qualify for Rebuild Hoboken Relief funds.

Kenny announced that an application is now available online at http://rebuildhoboken.org or by requesting a paper copy. The grant size is still to be determined but will be handled in phases. Phase one will disperse dollars raised by Feb. 1 and divide by the total qualifying applicants. Kenny said the committee can reconvene later and make adjustments based on better assessments.

A gala will be held on Jan. 26 in effort to boost donations. Delea also expressed gratitude to many other local grassroots efforts which have aided in the philanthropic efforts of Rebuild Hoboken Relief Fund.

For more on this story, please see this weekend’s edition of the Hoboken Reporter.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet