Fact: George Bush has been in office for nearly eight years.
Fact: The first 6.5 years the economy was great. Nearly two years ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high.
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon.
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5 percent.
4) The Dow Jones hit a record high of 14,000+.
5) American's were buying new cars, new homes, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large. But now America wanted 'Change! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes, we got 'change' all right. In the past two years:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted.
2) Gasoline hit over $4 a gallon.
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5 percent (a 10 percent increase).
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 trillion and prices are still dropping.
5) An astonishing percentage of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) The Dow is probing at another low, $2.5 trillion dollars has evaporated from their stocks, bonds and mutual funds investment portfolios.
Yes, in 2006 America voted for 'change' - and we sure got it!.
Remember the President has no control over these issues, only Congress that you voted in, and what has Congress done in the last two years, absolutely nothing, yet they blame the Republican party for everything. Now the Democratic candidate for President (Obama) claims he is going to really give us 'change' along with a Democratic Congress; just how much more 'change' do you think we can stand? They are destroying it for all of us and blaming the Republicans.
Please give me a break. Whatever you do, use your head it's not only for growing hair. Do not vote Democrat for the sake of us all and the future of America. One more thing, we have not been attacked since 9/11.
God Bless America.
John & Sonia Romanick