Police Beat
by Compiled by Dean DeChiaro
Apr 27, 2014 | 2490 views | 0 0 comments | 13 13 recommendations | email to a friend | print

Man arrested twice in seven hours – in separate sunglasses incidents

A Bronx man was charged with burglary, shoplifting, and resisting arrest in two separate incidents that took place within seven hours of each other on Monday evening, according to a police report. Francisco Nuesi, 21, allegedly attempted to steal a pair of sunglasses from the Madison Street ShopRite but was released with a summons, only to later be arrested for allegedly breaking into a car and running from police on Garden Street.

The first incident, at Shop Rite, took place around 5 p.m. when police responded to a report that the store’s loss prevention officer had caught a man allegedly stealing. The store employee had seen Nuesi allegedly take a pair of six-dollar sunglasses and put them in his pocket. When confronted, Nuesi allegedly insisted that he would not pay for the glasses.

According to police, the officer assigned to ShopRite spoke to the man after the loss prevention officer alerted him to the situation. Nuesi allegedly resisted being placed in handcuffs and “slapped” the officer’s hands away, the report said. The officer then forced Nuesi to the ground and charged him with shoplifting. He was then released with a summons.

Later, just before midnight, police responded to the 1000 block of Garden Street after a man who heard his car alarm go off walked outside to see someone allegedly going through his 2012 Volkswagen, according to a report. Nuesi allegedly left the scene, but police located him soon after. When an officer attempted to make contact, Nuesi allegedly ran east and was eventually caught on Eleventh and Washington streets.

Ironically, the only thing the car’s owner reported missing was another pair of “cheap sunglasses.”

According to the report, the car’s doors were unlocked. Later, at police headquarters, Nuesi allegedly stated, according to the report, “It was the first door I tried; I couldn’t believe it was open.”

Passed out on a toilet with a needle in the arm

A Brooklyn man was charged with being under the influence of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia when he was found late Sunday allegedly hunched over and asleep in a Dunkin Donuts bathroom with a hypodermic syringe still in his arm, according to a police report.

According to police, no one in the restaurant saw Joseph Fuller, 36, enter the restroom, so it’s unclear how long he’d been there. Police spoke to the woman who found Fuller, who said that she had found him in the bathroom and had unsuccessfully attempted to wake him by yelling and dumping water on him. The police report noted that when they approached the bathroom, they could hear audible snoring from inside.

Emergency workers from the Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance Squad removed the needle from Fuller’s arm and transferred him to Hoboken University Medical Center. During the transfer, police allegedly found another syringe in Fuller’s pocket, along with nine additional unused needles. At the hospital, as he went in and out of consciousness, Fuller allegedly admitted to ingesting two bags of heroin that day.

Fuller was charged with being under the influence of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and unlawful possession of a hypodermic syringe. Fuller was also discovered to have two outstanding arrest warrants in Jersey City.

Assault on protective boyfriend on Washington

A young couple walking home late Saturday night was accosted by a group of unknown assailants who broke a boyfriend’s nose in two places after he told them to leave his girlfriend alone, according to a police report.

The incident took place around 11:40 p.m. on Saturday near 101 Washington St. When police responded to a report of an assaulted man, they arrived on the scene to find the boyfriend bleeding profusely from the nose. He was initially angry and refused to tell police what happened, the report said.

According to the girlfriend, she and her boyfriend had been walking to a Hudson Street apartment when a group of males came up behind them and began flirting with her. According to the report, one even got close to enough to whisper in her ear, “Can I get a piece of that?”

When the boyfriend told the crowd to buzz off, he was punched in the nose. He was transferred to Hoboken University Medical Center with two displaced fractures in his nose.

Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet