City of Hoboken will refund $20 to each of 3,200 drivers who were towed, back to Dec. 2012
May 12, 2014 | 1288 views | 0 0 comments | 14 14 recommendations | email to a friend | print
HOBOKEN -- The city of Hoboken said in a Star-Ledger article Monday morning that it will be giving refunds to up to 3,200 drivers who may have received improper charges from being towed, going back to December, 2012. The refunds will total approximately $64,000.

The refunds stemmed from one man who told the newspaper about improper fees after he was towed during a snowstorm earlier this year.

According to the posted article, "For starters, the city will refund money to 2,322 drivers who had easily identifiable information and New Jersey license plates. The others towed vehicles were from out-of-state or from leasing companies and will require more legwork to track down, Hoboken spokesman Juan Melli said."

The towing contractor will also have a three-day suspension of its license in mid-May, based on the way they dealt with the car of the driver who complained to the Star Ledger. The penalty was not more severe because it's a first offense, Melli said.

The Hoboken Reporter also wrote about the man's situation and other towing issues in the city in a later cover story two weeks ago.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet