HOBOKEN -- The city will provide free parking in Municipal Garage B (located on 2nd Street between Hudson and River streets) from Thursday, Sept. 2 at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Sept. 4 at 11 a.m. for residents in flood prone areas with a valid residency parking permit, according to a city hall press release.
Though Hurricane Earl is expected to travel east of New Jersey, the National Weather Service has issued a Tropical Storm Watch for the area.
Residents are encouraged to report downed power lines to the Hoboken Fire Department at (201) 420-2007, or call 911 for assistance.
The city released this list of flood prone areas in the city:
• Observer Highway & Marshall Drive, Harrison Street, & Henderson Street
• Newark Street & Bloomfield Street
• Newark Street & Garden Street
• First Street from Willow Avenue to Clinton Street
• First Street & Harrison Street
• Paterson Plank Road at Marshall Drive and Harrison Street
• Third, Fourth & Fifth streets & Jackson Street
• Fourth Street from Monroe Street to Harrison Street
• Second Street & Harrison Street
• Eighth, Ninth & Tenth streets & Madison Street (area surrounding Shop-Rite)
• Thirteenth Street & Jefferson Street